Saturday, July 21, 2012

Twitter friends workout!



Every once and a while I like to reach out to friends and fellow athletes that work hard in the gym, to hear what their favorite exercises are.  This is always fun because I get new ideas or get reminded of exercises I haven't done in a long time.  

Yesterday I took this a little bit further and reached out to my twitter friends asking them 'what is your favorite leg exercise?'.  I received some great responses and put a couple of them together to use as my leg day routine...and let me tell you...I was challenged!! 
Here is what I did and which of my twitter friends recommended the exercise;




5 minute stretch
10 min warm up on the bike 

4x20 Body Weight squats (Andres- @entenandoando)
superset
4x10 close stance high jumps

4x10 Front loaded Barbell squats (Jeff Balltrip @JHBtrip)
superset
4x10 Stiff Leg

4x10 Bulgarian Split squats (Ruthie Andrews- @annaruthus)
superset
4x10 Bench Jump Ups 

20 minutes of Hill Sprints (Dee Dee- @TeamKnightFit)
1 min sprint/1 min recovery

10 minute cool down on treadmill

THANK YOU to Andres, Jeff, Ruthie and Dee Dee for a kick ass leg routine!

This was a very advanced session, so if you try it, please do so carefully and with good form.  

Hope you all are having a good weekend so far and let me know if you have any questions on the above exercises.

Live, Laugh & Rock it!
Mis





1 comment:

  1. Super intense workout! So glad my favorite leg exercise made the cut! My hamstrings and butt are always super sore after!

    ReplyDelete